Thursday 11 May 2017

11/05/2017 - Longrain

Location: 44 Little Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000

We wanted to try this place in the Melbourne CBD as it had the entertainment book offer (25% off total bill with value up to 45 AUD). 




I was greeted with 2 groups in front of me even when I reached there at 5:40pm. The group behind me kept on getting bigger and bigger, so I reckon that this place should not be too shabby at all. The huge wooden entrance door opened at 6pm and we were seated pretty promptly. 

We ordered the following.

1) Caramelized pork, prawn, peanuts& sour pineapple (Starter)
2) Stir fried diamond clams, wild ginger, chilli & curry leaf
3) Coconut poached chicken , green papaya and Vietnamese mine

See pictures & reviews below: 

Picture of restaurant inside. (It really is quite dark inside)
This is the pathetically small starter which honestly isn't really worth 6 AUD ...

This chicken however is awesomely good. The coconut is very subtle and its a very well balanced dish. I love this one the most!

A tad too spicy for me but it was enjoyable having some clams since I have not had any for a while now.
Damage: 61 AUD. Do remember to go if you have an entertainment book voucher! The original cost of the meal was 81 AUD which in my opinion, isn't really worth the money...


No comments:

Post a Comment