Tuesday 29 August 2017

16/08/2017 - Honmura An

Location: 7-14-18 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan

We were recommended this restaurant by my girlfriend's colleague to try sea urchin on soba. We used the ANZ concierge to make a booking for this restaurant before heading to Japan. I was amazed when I first entered the restaurant. There were people inside already even though it was only at 6pm (I thought Japanese folks worked late into the wee hours in the morning!)


They even have chinese characters!

The display menu outside!

We suspect that he is the owner of the place as he is the only one sitting there with all books on the table


I actually don't remember what was this...

My duck soba with soup. I didn't really like it. I was actually looking for beef but they had none :(


The infamous sea urchin soba! 

I was initially quite confused about this. This is actually the water used to cook the soba. You are supposed to drink this to help you digest the soba better (which can make you feel better after a soba meal)

Damage: This was quite expensive. I think overall, we spent about 6000 JPY. (Might get corrected by girlfriend when this post goes up). I personally don't think its worth it. The sea urchin wasn't that much and the food isn't that great in my opinion. I don't really feel that this is a must go to for soba if you go to Japan.



No comments:

Post a Comment