Tuesday 17 October 2017

15/10/2017 - Grilled 118

Location: 118 Lygon St, Carlton VIC 3053

Tried this grilled fish place at Carlton for the crayfish (small lobster prawn) dish that my girlfriend was advised to go try it out. It was quite a walk from the CBD but it was a good thing that the weather was not that hot, so it was a pretty good walk. When we came in, there was quite a lot of people eating the grilled fish. We ordered the following (no grilled fish this time)

a) Shaoxing drunken chicken
b) Small Lobster Prawn (Crayfish I think)
c) Fish Fillets with hot chilli oil 
d) 2 bowls of white rice

Drunken chicken. The wine was quite strong and its a cold dish

This is really good. It numbs the tongue and amazingly cured my cough!!!

The fillets were quite soft and it goes really well with rice!

The leftovers of the prawns! It could barely fit in the bowl! They give you gloves for this dish but your hand still gets oily.

Damage: ~80 AUD for 2 pax. I would definitely go back again to try the fish! I love the spicy prawn dish which cured my irritating cough (amazingly). I could hardly even feel my tongue after eating 1 prawn but I just kept on chipping on the dish because it was really good!



No comments:

Post a Comment