Thursday 25 January 2018

25/01/2018 - Maha at the Windsor

Location: 111 Spring St, Melbourne VIC 3000 (21 Bond St is the original location)

I was invited to a company dinner by my partner to this beautiful middle eastern restaurant which has temporarily moved to the Windsor Hotel. 
Beautiful chandelier at the entrance!


so many bottles of wines!
We had the 10 Years of MAHA degustation which was pretty amazing. The wait for all the dishes to be served was really too long though. We started at about 7pm and the dinner ended at about 1130pm! A total of 4.5 hours worth of dining!


Such a long menu! 
Enjoy the pictures below!

A starter to whet the palate! Not really a fan of the starters though. The taste was too strong for me.
This was WAYYYY TOO SOUR for me ...
This kingfish was really well done! (My partner loves it too! Great minds think alike!)
OMG! I love this dish the most! Its so creamy and I love dipping the bread onto it! YUMMY!
This was just so so for me. The egg has overpowered the eel in this dish.
This chicken was quite juicy. But its just an OK dish. but the crispy skin was super wafer thin and crispy!!!
This was my 2nd favourite dish! I love the meat on this! :D
TOTALLY did not like this at all. It was WAYY too sweet for me and i love watermelon :(
Really love the texture of this ice cream! Its good!

Not a fan of this. Too sweet for me.
Damage: Average about 240 AUD per pax. The price is quite reasonable considering the fact that some of us ordered wine pairings to come together with the food. We also each ordered a few drinks and some red and white wines (I drank 5 glasses of wine and a Manhattan cocktail!) However, do take note that the wait is pretty long for the food to be served. There was a point in time where we were hoping that they would serve everything together so that we can quickly make our way back home!


No comments:

Post a Comment